Opioid Misuse Prevention Project
The Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency, the Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs, and the Pennsylvania Department of Education have partnered to fund a new initiative targeting early, upstream prevention to reduce the risk factors that lead to substance misuse in general and opioids in particular.
PCCD is seeking applications to be one of ten communities to participate in this pilot program; the Opioid Misuse Prevention Project (OMPP). Participating schools or agencies will receive five years of funding to implement a public health campaign and two evidence-based programs – Lifeskills Training (LST) and Strengthening Families 10-14 (SFP) – to middle school/junior high school youth and their families.
- PCCD's Current Open Funding Announcements On-Line
- Direct download link to the OMPP funding announcement
- PCCD Funding Announcement Q&A
- Budget worksheet
- Partnership agreement
- Project Timeline
- Overview and how to apply (video)- Watch this 20 minute video to learn about the rationale, core components, and how to apply for OMPP funding.
- Companion Overview and how to apply PowerPoint slides.
- How to complete the budget worksheet (video)- Watch this 12 minute video to learn how to use the budget worksheet for the OMPP project.