Opioid Misuse Prevention Project (OMPP)
The Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency, the Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs, and the Pennsylvania Department of Education have partnered to fund a new initiative targeting early, upstream prevention to reduce the risk factors that lead to substance misuse in general and opioids in particular.
As a result of the Fall 2018 Opioid Misuse Prevention Project (OMPP) Funding Announcement, four projects have been funded:
- Lancaster County Partnership for Prevention
- Community Health Challenge of SW Pennsylvania Opioid Misuse Prevention Project (Beaver County)
- Raiders Opioid Misuse Prevention Project (Schuykill County)
- Fayette County Drug & Alcohol Commissions Opioid Misuse Prevention Project
PCCD is continuing to seek applicants to participate in this pilot program, and will re-release this funding announcement in early 2019. Participating schools or agencies can receive five years of funding to implement a dynamic public health campaign and two evidence-based programs – Lifeskills Training (LST) and Strengthening Families 10-14 (SFP 10-14) – to middle school/junior high school youth and their families.
- PCCD's Current Open Funding Announcements On-Line
- Direct download link to the Winter 2019 OMPP funding announcement (coming soon)
- PCCD Funding Announcement Q&A
- Budget worksheet
- Partnership agreement
- Project Timeline
- Project overview and how to apply, click here to watch a 20 minute webinar to learn about the rationale, core components, and how to apply for OMPP Cohort 2 Funding.
- Click here for PowerPoint slides.
- How to complete the budget worksheet click here to watch this 12 minute video to learn how to use the budget worksheet for the OMPP project.