This video series is comprised of 20 videos broken into 5 Learning Modules.
While viewing this series, you will receive a comprehensive overview of the opioid epidemic and the role primary prevention plays in combating the opioid epidemic.
Learn about the video series, navigation, and how to get ACT 48 credits
- Video 0.1: Introduction
Module One: The Real Truths of the Opioid Epidemic
Learn about truths of the epidemic and the future forecast of the issue
- Video 1.1: Increasing Your Knowledge of the Opioid Epidemic
- Video 1.2: What Is the Future of the Epidemic: Is There Hope?
Module Two: Primary Prevention - The Big Picture
Explore the foundations of prevention science and the elements of a primary prevention landscape
- Video 2.1: The Foundations of Prevention Science
- Video 2.2: How Lowering Risk & Enhancing Protection Leads to Better Youth Outcomes
- Video 2.3: What’s Your Big Picture Prevention Landscape?
Module Three: Essential Elements of Programs That Work
Learn about the essential elements of proven-effective prevention programs that focus to reduce many antisocial youth behaviors
- Video 3.1: Essential Elements of Programs That Work – The Continuum of Confidence Framework
- Video 3.2: Characteristics of Effective Prevention: What Works?
- Video 3.3: Red Flags: What to be Cautious of When Selecting Prevention Programs & Strategies
- Video 3.4: When Universal Prevention Isn’t Enough: Building in Indicated & Selective Approaches
- Video 3.5: Training and Model Fidelity: The Key to Impact
- Video 3.6: Sustaining Quality Impact
Module Four: How to Incorporate Primary Prevention into the School Environment
Explore the benefits of incorporating prevention into the school environment, how to gain stakeholder buy-in, and ways to increase engagement
- Video 4.1: Finding Time for Health Promotion & Universal Prevention
- Video 4.2: Incorporating Prevention into School Environments: Engaging Stakeholders
- Video 4.3: Incorporating Prevention into School Environments: Increasing Student & Family Engagement
Module Five: What You Can Do to Help
Learn more about tools to assist those experiencing or who have those close to them experiencing a substance-use disorder
- Video 5.1: Taking the Shame Out of Substance-Use Disorders
- Video 5.2: The Importance of Early Intervention
- Video 5.3: The Signs of Youth Substance Use and Misuse
- Video 5.4: Responding to Youth Substance Misuse
- Video 5.5: Responding to Family or Caregiver Substance Use Issues