- Local collaborative boards can play an important role in program development and sustainability. At start-up, present the research behind the Olweus Bullying Prevention and share your local goals for the program.
- Provide board members with a fact sheet and the program’s logic model.
- Help them to understand ways in which they can contribute to the program’s local success.
- Identify potential program champions or community gatekeepers that can help to build relationships that may lead to program support.
- Provide frequent verbal reports on the program’s impact and at least annually provide a written summary of program outcomes.
- Identify board members to become engaged in generating outcome reports and securing sustainability funds.