In research studies*, the Olweus Bullying Prevention Program has been shown to:
- Reduce student reports of being bullied and bullying others by up to 50%. Peer and teacher ratings of bullying problems have yielded roughly similar results.
- Markedly reduce student reports of general antisocial behavior, such as vandalism, fighting, theft, and truancy.
- Improve classroom social climate, as reflected in students’ reports of improved order and discipline, more positive social relationships, and more positive attitudes toward schoolwork and school.
* Six large-scale evaluations comparing students randomly assigned to receive the Olweus Bullying Prevention Program to students assigned to not receive the Olweus Bullying Prevention Program.
Information and research articles demonstrating the impact of the Olweus Bullying Prevention Program can be accessed at:
- The Clemson University Institute on Family and Neighborhood Life
- Hazelden and Clemson University