Engaging your community is even more important during these stressful times! Here are some great ideas discussed during a recent National CTC Learning Community call!
- Social norming campaign around “Social Distancing”
- Digital media campaign/hiring a media specialist
- "Social Distancing Chopped" via Zoom
- Expanding use of social media campaign to highlight National Prevention Week, May 10-16
- Collaboration with local hospital to produce video of youth messaging other youth about social distancing
For the Kids
- Community scavenger hunt ideas: egg coloring and display, teddy bear hunt, spot the rainbow, decorated rocks, hearts
- Window or sidewalk "Art Walk" or art contest; "Chalk the Walk"
- Community photo sharing of family activities during "Stay at Home"
- Coalition "chit-chat" cards handed out with lunches distributed by schools
- Posting encouraging messages, messages of hope in windows
- Use of Zoom to provide opportunities for social interaction for kids with age-appropriate activities: show and tell, show your pet, parent meet-up
- Inserting info (flyers/postcards) into the neighborhood Little Free Library boxes
Community Service Ideas for Kids
- Provide opportunity for local out-of-school youth to help vulnerable populations: meal prep, delivery, dog walking, shopping, chores
- Using school 3-D printers to create face masks
General Community Ideas and Resources
- COVID-19 resources included with mentor-match kits
- Use coalition as trusted source of information during time when there is so much news and sometimes conflicting information
- Virtual coffee dates with coalition and workgroup members
- Finding ways to highlight hope and happiness and avoid information overload
- Driveway yoga