Evidenced-based Prevention Programs: PA Grantees
This map shows Evidence-based Programs grants funded by the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency (PCCD) under the Research-based (later Evidence-based) Violence and Delinquency Prevention Initiative from 1999-present. * Please note this map is not intended to show all evidence-based programs in Pennsylvania, only those funded through this initiative and receiving technical support from the EPISCenter.
Evidenced-based Intervention Programs: PA Capacity Maps
This map shows the availability of Functional Family Therapy, Multisystemic Therapy, and Multisystemic Therapy for Problem Sexual Behavior in Pennsylvania counties. The map includes estimated annual program capacity by county, as well as contact information for service providers. For programs serving multiple counties, estimated capacity is divided between counties based on the typical distribution of cases.
Pennsylvania Youth Placement Rate Maps
Child Welfare Placements
Data was provided by Hornby Zellers Associates via the Pennsylvania Office of Children, Youth, & Families, and is based on AFCARS data submitted by counties. All data is based on youth ages 10-17 (target age range for EBIs) who were in care Oct 1 – March 31 and represents the youth’s last placement prior to discharge from care or placement on March 31. The number of restrictive placements may be underestimated, because any placements during the 6-month period that occur prior to the final placement as of March 31 are not captured. The map depicts:
- Youth In Care (Ages 10-17): Total number of youth ages 10-17 in care.
- Total Restrictive Placements: Total number of youth ages 10-17 in a restrictive placement (group homes + institutions).
- Placement as % of Youth In Care: Percent of youth in care who were in a restrictive, congregate-care placement (Total # in restrictive placement / Total # in care). Includes youth ages 10-17.
- Group Home Placements: Number of youth ages 10-17 in group homes.
- Institutional Placements: Number of youth ages 10-17 in institutions.
Juvenile Justice Placements
Data is based on the Juvenile Court Judges’ Commission Disposition Reports. When looking at this map dispositions should not be interpreted as the number of youth processed by the court nor as the number of offenses charged to a youth. Additional details about interpreting juvenile justice data presented in the map can be found in the first pages of any Disposition Report on the JCJC web-site. The map depicts:
- Delinquency Placements: Total number of delinquency placements, resulting from new allegations and disposition reviews.
- New Allegations: Total number of new delinquency allegations.
- Disposition Reviews: Total number of delinquency disposition reviews. Does not include placement reviews, which are hearings regarding a previous disposition involving out-of-home placement.
- Delinquency Cases (New + Review): Total of new delinquency allegations + disposition reviews.
- Placement as % of Dispositions: The percent of delinquency dispositions resulting in placement. Does not include placement reviews.
Data regarding Medicaid-funded placements for youth ages 10-17 was prepared by the OMHSAS Data Analytics Unit using the DPW Data Warehouse. The map includes:
- Total Placements: Total number of RTF (accredited and non-accredited) + CRR Host Home placements for youth ages 10-17.
- In RTF-Accredited: Number of youth ages 10-17 placed in an accredited Residential Treatment Facility.
- In RTF-Non-Accredited: Number of youth ages 10-17 placed in a non-accredited Residential Treatment Facility.
- In CRR Host Home: Number of youth ages 10-17 placed in a Community Residential Rehabilitation Host Home. This includes placements for Multidimensional Treatment Foster Care in which the treatment component is funded by Medical Assistance.