Evidence-based Intervention Resources for Counties
Evidence-based interventions (EBIs) supported by the EPISCenter include Functional Family Therapy, Multisystemic Therapy, and Multidimensional Treatment Foster Care. These programs differ from prevention models, because they focus on youth who already exhibit behavior problems and often have formal systems involvement. In Pennsylvania, these three interventions are funded by a combination of county dollars and Medical Assistance.
- Taking the Lead is a newsletter for county leadership and BH-MCOs in Pennsylvania, focused on providing timely and relevant information about evidence-based intervention programs (FFT, MST, and MTFC).
- For Counties New to EBI Implementation: Why start from scratch? Review this report to explore lessons learned by counties who have come before you, the benefits of specific EBIs, and how to plan ahead for potential challenges.
- For Counties with Existing EBI Providers: Understand the big picture issues in Pennsylvania and see how your county compares to the statewide outcomes. Find solutions to common challenges experienced by EBI providers and identify ways that county leadership can be part of the solution for these programs that are proven to decrease placement and improve outcomes for high risk youth.
EBI Outcomes & Impact in Pennsylvania
- EBI Reports - Annual reports highlighting outcomes and economic impact, as well as quarterly outcome reports and other Pennsylvania-specific data.
- Youth Placement Rates in Pennsylvania Counties: The Impact of EBIs (Feb. 2012) - This powerpoint presentation summarizes changes in juvenile justice, child welfare, and mental health placements over a period of several years, and examines the role of evidence-based interventions in decreasing placement rates for Pennsylvania youth.
- INSPIRE FAQ- Learn more about INSPIRE, the data system used to track EBI outcomes in Pennsylvania
- Collaborative Funding Plan
Designed to help counties, BH-MCOs, and providers collaborate on a well-thought out plan to fund FFT or MST.
- Community Readiness Tools
Hands-on guides to help counties evaluate whether a certain evidence-based intervention is a good fit for local needs and whether your community is ready to move forward with implementation.
- Community Planning Tools
Tools to help communities walk step-by-step through planning for EBI implementation, with a commitment to quality and long-term sustainability.
- Starting Services Quickly
Learn why it is important that FFT and MST start quickly and how your community can minimize the time between referral and service initiation.
- The Role of County Funding for EBIs
Why county funding is critical for supporting EBIs and considerations for determining your local program's funding needs.
- DPW Resources
This page includes links to the 2011 Special Grants Clarification Letter, FAQ about Medical Assistance for EBIs, and other resources.
- EPIS Mapping Project
Electronic maps show the current capacity of EBIs by county, as well as county placement rates over the past several years.
- Collaboration is the Key to Success
This one page resource highlights the characteristics of a well functioning coalition and provides some strategies for stakeholders who would like to enhance collaborative efforts in their county.
- How to Advocate for Expedited CAO Processing for Youth Referred to EBIs
This simple flow chart maps out the process step by step. To read a narrative version provided by Joe Beeler from the Blair County Assistance Office click here:&Blair County Expedited MA Application Process
Looking for Program-Specific Information?